HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Not getting heat, change filter and thermostat. Hope to

Customer Question
Not getting heat, change...

Not getting heat, change filter and thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
working on my question?
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.)Not if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Trane unit

Model?

TWE024C140B0

OK this is an air handler.Look on outdoor unit and get me model there , verify outdoor is running and copper line from unit is hot

TTR18D100A2 A/C UNIT
There no copper line outside

OK Thanks for this information.Just wanted to make sure you do not have a heat pump as that would take us a different direction in troubleshooting.

Next we want to open air handler and look at the heating sequencers.Do you have a meter for testing voltage?

should have

Do you know what sequencers look like? We need to see if we are getting 24v to coils on bottom of sequencers.

took panels off, move switches around started getting some heat. Will check connections

Sounds like a wire connection issue them. Might clean and tighten using needle nose pliers.