HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Jotul fireplace will not turn on. Could it be possible that…

Customer Question
Jotul fireplace will not...

Jotul fireplace will not turn on. Could it be possible that the gas line is frozen as it has been extremely cold here lately?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Jotul gf 100 dv II

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Serial number 001755

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has been working well since the fall, this is the first time it happens. Pilot light is off.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

It is indeed possible there is condensation in supply line that is frozen.Do you have any other gas appliances and if so do they work ok?

We have heated floors that work great and they are connected to gas also.
We aretrying to light it at the moment

Let me know if it lights and we will go from here

Nothing is happening so far

Is the igniter sparking?