HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a p5rd-048k unit, that was installed with our mobile…

Customer Question
I have a p5rd-048k...

I have a p5rd-048k unit , that was installed with our mobile home in 2011-2012, the heat has stopped and was wondering where to try troubleshooting?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

New filters, thermostat is set at heat & 75, room temp is 68ish

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Was going to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I reinstalled the original thermostat and blew the fuse late Nov., fixed that and was fine until Monday

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Tell me exactly what happens on call for heat? Doe it blow just not warm?

THanks. Next We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

I will get one and get back with you.

Sounds great .I look forward to helping you. When you get back open the electrical panel on the ac unit and get me the model off of the heat kit inside so I can be specific in instructions.

Good afternoon. I gave you incorrect info. The unit comes on but there is no fan.I have the panels off and the main breakers pulled until told otherwise.