HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an LG window unit that has a reverse cycle. It is not…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG window unit that has a reverse cycle. It is not putting out any heat. Please advise troubleshooting ideas.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat is fine. I will go out and check the filter. Thank you!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes- that is the checking and cleaning of the filter

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know right now- maybe later will have more questions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Machinc, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Depending on the temperature outside the unit may not produce much heat .
Below freezing these units may not perform well.
Some have auxiliary settings with a built in electric heater
More in a moment ....
If yours does have back up make sure it is working . It will have a knob position or an indicator
If you are not experiencing extreme cold in your location then the unit may need to be repaired . Check outside to make sure the unit is not “iced up”
If it is the unit will blow cold inside until it melts the ice outside . Once the ice melts the unit will start blowing warm air .More in a moment..
This usually or can happen when the unit is operating st the “edge” of its range and the humidity is high outside.
I will check the outside of the unit.
I’ll be here if you need more assistance
Checked the outside and it was ok. Cleaned the filter and it seems to be working ok. Thank you for the help .Will spign off now.
Good . Temperature could have warmed up or defrost cycle ended.