HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I replaced a temperature limit circuit on my Trane XV80

Customer Question
Hi, i replaced a...

Hi, i replaced a temperature limit circuit on my Trane XV80 series Furnace (model# *****), that circuit was opened because i waited too long to replace my filter. When i turned it back on the 5amp fuse on the control board is blowing. Is this now a control board issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yep, did that before installing new limit thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Gave the whole background in the first question

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Make sure you did not bump a wire while wiring inside unit and have a wire touching cabinet or something