HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Prestige model 250 emits odor of gas andco2. what is the…

Customer Question
Prestige model 250 emits...

Prestige model 250 emits odor of gas andco2. what is the cause

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday. the heat exchanger was replaced last week

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Edison heating serviced the units . the thermostat setting is at 70 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I just informed Edison of the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The master unit had all of the components replaced in jan 2017

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the exhaust is not blocked then it's likely the heat exchanger was not installed properly and is leaking exhaust into the house. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors?