HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A SPLIT UNIT WITH A/C OUTSIDE AND A GAS FURNACE IN…

Customer Question
I HAVE A SPLIT...

I HAVE A SPLIT UNIT WITH A/C OUTSIDE AND A GAS FURNACE IN THE ATTIC. THE ATTIC UNIT IS NOT OPERATING I'M GETTING AN ERROR CODE 10.00

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

AUTO MATIC PILOT. THE THERMOSTAT IS FINE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I HAVE CALL A SERVICE REP. HE JUST CALLED BACK AND SAID HE CANNOT MAKE IT TODAY BECAUSE THERE IS ICE ON THE ROADS

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE THERMOSTAT KEEPS CHANGING FROM GREEN TO YELLOW. I HAVE REBOOTED THE SYSTEM TWICE AND TURNED OFF THE BREAKER TWICE TO THE GAS FURNACE. THE UNIT WAS WORKING FINE WHEN WE WENT TO BED LAST NIGHT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

I will need a bit more info to guide you.Can you give me the model on the furnace and tell me the model on the thermostat.Where do you get the error code?On furnace board or thermostat.

I need this info as there are literally hundred of combinations.Code 10 on bryant thermostat could indicate an issue with a pressure switch where on a Rheem furnace could indicate an air flow problem.

It is a Trane unit and and Thermostat. I got the error code off of the thermostat.
Indoor Unit: 10152TYU7G

Not locating anything by that number

That is fine thank you. It is ignightor.Thank you for your help

Glad you figured it out I know it is cold.