HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have aan old honeywell Type T451A thermostat that needs…

Customer Question
I have aan old...

I have aan old honeywell Type T451A thermostat that needs adjustment how can i do it

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Perhaps

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/4/2018
HVAC Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 6 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hello, This thermostat can not be adjusted, as it is analog with a reostat temperature controller. Just on and off, heat and cool, and temp up and down. I hope this answers your question.'

J Baker

It can be adjusted it has two adjustment screws one on the bottom with a spring mecanisim and another in the middle of the unit both can be adjusted to raise or lower the on and off of the heat. Thought you might have some insight

wow, that unusual, sounds like a manual adjustment on the reostat. That's great. Did you adjust the screw?