HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Baxi 1.330 heat only wall mounted boiler spues water

Customer Question
My Baxi 1.330 heat...

My Baxi 1.330 heat only wall mounted boiler spues water every few minutes.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

For quite some time; more severe in frigid cold the last week. I'm in Boston, MA. about a cup of hot water at a time. The unit is providing heat but minimally.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I have been trying to get a repair person.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial # NB64940165; BTU input 126376; output 112601

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. ARE YOU ABLE TO LOCATE WHERE THE WATER IS COMING FROM ON THE BOILER?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, its spews about a cup of hot water ocassionally. I have placed a plastic bag inside the unit to keep the water away from the board inside.

OK THERE ARE MANY PLACES THAT WATER CAN LEAK OUT OF THE BOILER, WITHOUT KNOWING WHERE THE WATER IS COMING FROM I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH FIXING THE PROBLEM.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You mean someone needs to stand in front of the boiler until it spews hot water and hope to see where the water is coming from? Is there a history of particular parts that can be replaced, failing an this condition occuring?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks will await the tech's response.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the water is most likely coming from the boilers *pressure relief valve* If its happening periodically and not constant, it is likely because the systems expansion tank (vas expansion) has a ruptured diaphragm... and is causing the pressure relief valve to trip and release the over pressure as the water heats up and expands.

.

Click here please, see page 7, item 27

we will look into these items first... then go from there

Tap on each side of the expansion tank, if one sides sounds hollow, its good, if both sides sound the same dull thud, then its bad

.'

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer