HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just got back from a couple weeks vacation to my trane xe90…

Customer Question
Just got back from...

Just got back from a couple weeks vacation to my trane xe90 not working. It’s currently 30 degrees in my house and I’m not sure how to fix it

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few hours now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I’d like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yeah, there’s a red LED on the front blinking in intervals of 2, it’ll blow cool air just no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It has a relatively new filter in it and aside from the wall thermostat controller is there anywhere else I can check it?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Steve Peck, Over 24 years experience Just Ask, quick HVAC repair! replied 3 months ago
Steve Peck
Steve Peck, Over 24 years experience Just Ask, quick HVAC repair!

Hi Im Steve How can I help?

Just trying to trouble shoot my furnace and get some heat back

Sounds good. Do you still have the 2 flashing lights?

I think we have this, unit blowing cold air and no fire in unit correct?

I’m not sure if it has fire, it’s blinking 9 times now

Ok, first off are you near it or having to run back and forth?

I’m not at the moment but I’ve got you on my phone so I can be near it consistently

Ok sorry your so cold. If you can find a switch (outside) the furnace that looks like it is connected, Lets power cycle it.

Sometimes the furnace plugs in remove plug and plug back in.

Did that work for you?

Hello this is Steve again I'm just following up to see if we got everything working correctly?

Steve Peck
Steve Peck