HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Are you? I recently just worked on a furnace (goodman) The…

Customer Question
Hey how are you...

Hey how are you? I recently just worked on a furnace (goodman) The furnace will fire up to the point flame and fans come on. After about 15 minutes it cuts off .

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

The light on unit blinks 4 times inddicating Open limit switch according to literture on cover plate. My question is what could be the problem. sensor that pick up flames

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model GMT090-5 serial #(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats pretty much it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

It is not the flame sensor if it runs for 15 minutes.Either filter is dirty, ac coil on top is dirty, limit is weak .