HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Sorry. We have a carrier weather maker 9200 furnace with a…

Customer Question
Pearl, sorry Contractor's Assistant:...

Pearl, sorry

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have a carrier weather maker 9200 furnace with a honey well wifi thermostat. This morning the thermostat screen went dark. Checked the furnace, the status light constantly on, no error code. Jumped between W and R low voltage terminal and the furnace went on. So we thought the thermostat is bad. Brought a new thermostat, installed and set up but furnace won't go on. Again, no error code, status light on constantly and the thermostat said heat is on (but really not). Any idea what might be the problem? Thanks very much for your help.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters newly cleaned, thermostat setting correct. and the furnace is connect to a condensation pump that was blocked. So the condensation pump was cleaned and run properly now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Couldn't think of anything else at the moment Do you know are there anyway we can check if something wrong with the control board, particularly the low voltage circuit?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If jumping R and W made furnace work the issue is outside of the furnace, Try bypassing that condensate pump.