HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a very old Temco gas wall furnace (built into wall).

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very old Temco gas wall furnace (built into wall). it has a Honeywell T5222A 1004 I thermostat valve. Is this part available or is there a replacement.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

This is just a part to this heater. it is located to the right of the control valve (on-off--pilot) knob. This is basically a wall space heater.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, a authorized repairman-friend will do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The tube-wire that comes out of the valve goes to a control knob then to a long approx. 5 in. copper bulb (sensor)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is no simple replacement... aside from that the heat exchangers tend to leak carbon monoxide when they get that old, those units are not particularly expensive.

.

I was not completely satisfied with the answer i received. I still don't know if the part is still available. I guess telling me to replace the unit seems to be the answer.

There are many many options to get that heater working for you, and I am willing and able to get into detail on each of them without any time limits.

That said, the costs will rival that of a new unit, so in the end you may not choose to go with any of those options.

Primary options include, replacing the pilot light, gas valve and installing a new pilot light and a thermopile powered gas valve... parts cost about $170... time 4 hours at $120 an hour

Other options besides that one, but all cost about the same