HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I installed a new weil-Mclain sgo 3 stem boiler and I want…

Customer Question
I installed a new...

I installed a new weil-Mclain sgo 3 stem boiler and I want how to connect

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A hot water baseboard

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

There is no problem I just want to know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, do you want full service design and engineering on the boiler, piping and controls installation? That level of service does not fit into our usual 'just an answer' offerings. But there are options. depending on what is already in place and on your skill level etc.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I recently installed a new weil mclain sgo3 steam boiler and I want to know how to connect a hot water base board.

IF you are using the boiler for hot water, not steam, connect the inlet port on the hot water base board to a pipe that leads to the outlet of the hot water circulating pump or its manifold if that is what you have. Fit the temperature control valve, usually 24 volts motorized valve, in that line, and power it through a 24volt heating thermostat.

Run the outlet pipe back to the boiler or to the return header manifold.

Put an air vent at all high points in the system and one at the inlet of the base board heater inlet connection.

If you running a steam boiler and producing steam with it, let me know I will provide different instructions

.

I have steam for the first floor, but I want to heat the basement. I'm not a technician but I want to save a few dollars.
According yo the manual in the back of the unit there is a plug that say "indirect-fired water heater / hot water baseboard supply"
I do not what it means. Is that the supply for the baseboard? Someone also told me that at the bottom of the left corner there was a plug that I could use as water supply, but the manual do not say anything about this plug.
Please clarify this. Thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** use those connections to operate the hot water base board since it is in the basement, and there will not be flash gas problems with the 212F water in the bottom of the boiler

.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.