HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just installed a programable thermostat and my furnace will…

Customer Question
Just installed a programable...

Just installed a programable thermostat and my furnace will not trip and come back on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Furnace was running fine, but the sensor in my existing thermostat was shot. Temp read 74 and actual was 67. Hence the replacement. The new says heat is on, but the furnace will not trip

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Followed all the instructions to the letter. Should the thermostat function w/o batteries? Pulled those out to make sure the device was getting power and it wasn't

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Was power off to furnace when you swapped wires?