HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I purchased my second Carrier heat pump on 9/9/15 from ARS…

Customer Question
My name is Eva...

My name is Eva ***** and I purchased my second Carrier heat pump on 9/9/15 from ARS in Pensacola, Florida. Not too long after I got the heat pump, they stopped servicing my area in Lillian, Alabama. I do have a local outfit providing service now, but they are terribly busy down in the Fort Morgan/Gulf Shores and Orange beach with the effects of the very cold weather we are experiencing now. I have asked them to help me adjust my heat since it is quite nippy in the house, and I do not know how to bring the temperature up to 70 degrees with the fancy gizmo that is on my wall. Might you have someone who could possibly walk me through the proper way to change the temperature setting, please?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, and the filters were changed on the first of the month.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my animals would be of no help at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If someone could help me by phone, I'd really appreciate it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, first some basics.... heat pumps do not work well in very very cold weather, and their back up can be a bit undersized as well, and if that is only a problem for a few days a year and the house does not get cooler 60 or 65F the general recommendation is to just live with it.

.

That said, tell me the temperature in your house, and the outside temperature, we can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I do not have a fancy phone. I shall be using the one on the desk by my computer, but I shall carry it with me into the hall where the thermostat is located. All I need is to get the setting for heating up to 70. Normally it is set at 68. It is below this number now.
All I need is to be able to set it at 70 for now.
Please cancel my request then; the people who service my heat pump may be finishing up down at the shore by now; they will come when they are done there. Thank you. Eva
Please cancel the request for help. Thank you.