HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace is working but dont seem to be putting out alot of…

Customer Question
furnace is working but dont...
furnace is working but dont seem to be putting out alot of heat. the flame is blue but sems to be rolling in the sealed cmbustion chamber. could it be a bad air exchanger??
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Absolutely. Turn furnace off. Allow blower to stop. Then turn furnace back on and watch flame.If flame changes characteristic when blower comes on the heat exchanger is cracked or has a hole.

Ok I just did that. The flame came on and they were burning like the should be. Then after about 30 seconds the flame was all around each burner and even underneath them. This happened before the blower kicked in???
I have checked the intake & exhaust. No obstructions!
After the blower came on the flames are still kinda all around the burners. One burner has a little yellow in the flame!
You still here??
This furnace does have a sealed combustion chamber

Heat exchanger is the culprit

Household air should never blend with the combustion chamber.The fact that flames changes indicates we have household air entering the chamber

Is it possible to get one & replace it??

Not usually worth replacing.You can buy a furnace for the price of the exchanger