HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Model # GPH1330H41, we just purchased the mobile…

Customer Question
I have a Model...

I have a Model # GPH1330H41, we just purchased the mobile home, We used the heater last night in Clearwater, FL area. The problem was the thermostat was set on 67 degrees and unit took it to 67 degrees but the fan never quit running. On the thermostat it said heat and when the heating kicked in it said (Aux heat). The fan shouldn't run all of the time, RIGHT?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Checked the Thermostat settings several time, it is a honeywell unit, it has cool, off, heat and Em. heat. I have it on HEAT with fan on auto. The filter is about 1 month old and doesn't look dirty.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have done some work myself but if it gets to tech i will have someone look at it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that is it. only other thing is when the fan and unit blows out heat it isn't very warm and takes awhile to get it say 3 degrees increase.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Fan should cycle with heat.Most likely a relay or sequencer sticking. We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665