HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The analog Thermostat on the main floor not working and will…

Customer Question
Good morning, the analog...

Good morning, the analog Thermostat on the main floor not working and will replace with digital. Any special instructions or just a matter of turning off power to the thermolec and swapping thermistats?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The ground floor thermostat and heating on the same furnace is fine. So I’m convinced it’s a local issue with the one very old thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well not really. The furnace was serviced not long ago when we split the upper and lower duplex systems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. TURN THE POWER OFF PULL THE THERMOSTAT OFF THE WALL TO EXPOSE THE WIRE CONNECTION AND TAKE A PICTURE OF WHICH WIRES ARE ON EACH TERMINAL AND THEN WIRE THEM TO THE SAME TERMINALS ON THE NEW THERMOSTAT. IF ANY OF THE TERMINALS ARE DIFFERENT LET ME KNOW AND I WILL HELP YOU THROUGH IT.