HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm trying to find the reset button on my Trane furnace. The…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find the reset button on my Trane furnace. The motor works and I'm getting airflow but no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are fine, I just changed them. Thermostat is set to 72, room temperature is 53

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if there's a simple solution

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I seem to have an error light flashing as well--three red flashes is the error code.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace?

xv95

THanks for this information. The 3 blink code indicates a problem with the pressure switch.The small vent inducer has to come on and stay on pulling and holding a vacuum on the pressure switch in order for furnace to operate.

is there anything I can do to address that problem? Is there a way for me to fix or turn on the small vent inducer?

Troubleshooting the cause can be time consuming and may require us to have a volt meter for testing voltage and continuity as well as a manometer to check vacuum on the switch.Without these we are limited to what we can check.

Below are the most common reasons for the error

1.Blocked intake or exhaust vent(This can be a small as a spider web or dirt dauber in vent)

2.Blocked condensate drain (No water should e standing any drain hoses)

3.Loose,restricted or cracked hose from inducer fan ti pressure switch ( Visual inspection will verify if hse is cracked or loose. Hose can be removed and fittings cleaned with a straightened paper clip)

4.Bad pressure switch (we would need a meter and manometer to test)

5.Bad heat exchanger(We would need a manometer to test)

First step is to make sure the small inducer fan IS indeed coming on when thermostat calls for heat.

Thanks, ***** ***** it is but I'll check again.

OK if it is running the next step and most common problem is water backing up in drain.To check this you can remove the rubber hoses in furnace from canister and see if any water is standing in hoses or runs out.