HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem model 21I40dv water heater. it has only the…

Customer Question
I have...

I have a Rheem model 21I40dv water heater. it has only the hot water line hooked on top the other place where cold water would go in has a large hex nut cold water fill is on the side. but water is seeping around this nut and running down the side of tank. what is this and how do I fix it??????help please.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Water was shut off to the whole complex yesterday and now it;s just seeping around this large nut

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need to funds very limited is this just a plug nut or what???

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's just seeping slowly. what is this ????a plug or what????

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you take a picture of it and upload it here so I can see it?