HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 2 stage with an evolution thermostat. Very cold…

Customer Question
I have a Bryant...

I have a Bryant 2 stage with an evolution thermostat. Very cold right now here in Chicago. I kep getting a system malfunction message to call techinician. The furnace shuts down but the fan is still on. I have turned it off and back on and that got it running for a little while and then the same problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The furnace itself runs but shuts itself down and then can get running again so not sure.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to see if there is an overide option in the event the thermostat is shutting it down. It is -2 degrees outside.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

When furnace locks out and Before taking front panels off furnace, get the flashing error code through the bottom sight glass.

Count how many short flashes and long flashes between pause

The list of led codes is on the bottom panel of furnace