HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I changed the batteries in my thermostat and it still sha lo…

Customer Question
I changed the batteries...

I changed the batteries in my thermostat and it still sha lo battery with a flame symbol

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I just got the low battery message everything seems to be working fine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Make and model would be usefull

Please respond or call(###) ###-####

I did, Asked you for make and model??

You didn’t call
Model number 1f78
5/2dayprogram
what is my next step
I still don’t have any answets
answers
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here for the thermostat manual please, I will be referring to it as we go along here, without any time limits...however I handle many questions at a time so that there can be some delays.

.

That said, the problem in these cases is almost always with the furnace that the thermostat controls.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer