HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier infinity furnace and it went out. The

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a carrier infinity furnace and it went out. The orange light is blinking. It blinks 3 times fast and 2 times slow

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes I did and I actually replaced it but the old one seems ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No but it is 0F and I need some heat tonight

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that’s it for now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Did you look on the inside door panel for the error code? Error code should be 32.

There is no read out but the light blinks 3 times fast and 2 times slow

T​he error codes are usually posted on large labels inside the door panels, do you not have any to reference?

Here is a link to a video that should resolve your error code, most likely you need to clean out and drain the trap area.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=forced+air+heater+error+code+33+videos&qpvt=forced+air+heater+error+code+33+videos&view=detail&mid

=FE0FA2F8992E87A22704FE0FA2F8992E87A22704&FORM=VRDGAR

It says low heat pressure switch did not close or reopened

Y​es, that is most likely related to the video I sent you, try clearing out the trap area and drain hoses and see if that resolves the problem

I​f not you will need to have a field tech come out to further diagnose and repair the problem as it may be a faulty pressure switch or inducer problem.

Is it a faulty flame roll out switch

P​ossibly, try resetting it and see if that helps, or simply bypass it to see if that works, if so then the switch is bad.

Hi the video you sent me has some 20-20 investigation. Can you please reconfirm

Here is a similar video, your unit may be different but the principles are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ijn-Zd7LU

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

No, I called someone to fix it

Ok thanks for letting me know, hopefully it will be an easy repair and not too expensive, enjoy the new year.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures,every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello… I am sorry to keep bothering you however this question has been open for so long yet remains incomplete due to no action or responses received from you to indicate this matter has been resolved. The question can be closed out by either letting me know through this email that you are no longer in need of assistance, or by completing the 5 Star Rating. I thank you for supporting this request.

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 days ago

Greetings...

Thanks,

Dave