HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our new Amana Furnace (installed earlier this year) won't…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, our new...

Hi Pearl, our new Amana Furnace (installed earlier this year) won't seem to heat up past 60-66

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is st to normally 69, but we bumped it up to 72 just to see if it would get things to stay on longer... it didn't work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'll have to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

I need model number, it inside furnace on sticker, Also will need The error code. BEFORE you remove any door on furnace

Count how many light flashes through bottom door sight glass/

Entered

Did it quit entering second stage?

It’s still going. The drainage tank is filling up as well. Just from my own experimenting (from after I searched the web for answers) when I trigger the pump in the drainage tank manually so the water line is lower it runs konger
longer. I’m not sure if it’s not draining properly and that’s what’s tripping things up or what.

Most pumps have a overflow sensor and shuts heating

Take clear picture of it

Pump may need to be cleaned out if it does that

BTW you gave me model info for AC coil. not furnace.Its inside furnace

Fault code 2 flashes means when it enters 2nd stage its not always activating the second stage pressure switch.

It may be deffectve

Have your installer fix that under warranty

I’m not sure where the model number is ***** so I grabbed shots of one locstedbinside the furnace. Then one for he lump just to have. Where is the sensor for the pump exactly? I can’t get into the pump clearly. The cover is held in by the pipes leading in and out of it

r

Need a clear picture of pump, And model number is ***** the side of top part of furnace

The house temp is up to 72, which is where I put it during this project...shut off normally at 72 also and the status light blinked steady green. The pump is now draining as well... in the beginning the sink it drained into was bone dry so I know it hadn't been draining... now however, it's doing it on it's own. I wonder if something was just lodged on the inside of the pump and when I lifted the lid as much as I could, it dislodged it. I really don't know. It just seems to work for the moment. I can call the installer in the morning as you suggested... maybe they can run some diagnostics on it to see if any parts are faulty.

pour hot water with bleach in the pump to clean for now and have tech check that

Best regards

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician