HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Ducane furnace about 18 years old. Model #

Customer Question
I have a Ducane...

I have a Ducane furnace about 18 years old. Model # CMPB100U4A. It's a direct vent forced air. Every time it's very cold out, as it is now, I have to remove the three black hoses and drain them and the white box they insert into. I have also cleaned out the box as best as possible to eliminate any blockages. It fails to start constantly every half hour until I drain the system. I've checked the pipes outside and there is no snow blockage.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to both

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've had a contractor come for this problem the last several years only to point out this drainage problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if its been this way since the system was new, then a condensate trap was not installed in the exhaust vent piping.... if this problem just started then send me a few photo's of the vent piping, I will look for a problems in the exhaust vent trap drain line.

.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get those photo's to me.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.