HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

50a50-241 circuit board. Light comes on when switch is

Customer Question
50a50-241 circuit board. Light...

50a50-241 circuit board. Light comes on when switch is depressed the goes off furnace does nothing

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Whats it mean when the light gos on then off?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 6 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Are you referring to the switch that the blower presses in when door is installed....Kind of like reverse of the refrigerator light?

its the red light on the control board

Yes, but the switch you refer to....there is a switch that cuts power when the door is removed...but turns power back on when door is put back on...is that the switch you are talking about?

furnace just stop working like no power..removed door ddepressed switch and the light comes on then goers right back off

See the diagnostic here

Also what furnace is this control in?

York 80
i found on in line fuse 3amp shows good is there any other in line fuses? I have no trouble codes

Does this control also have ac wired into it? Does the thermostat have an on/auto fan switch?

No and No

Thank you.

So when you have doors on furnace...thermostat set to heat....does the exhaust fan start?

No and there is no set to heat switch on thermostat. Old thermostat turn to desired setting no On and Off slider

Ok, do you have a voltmeter to test a couple spots for power on the board to see if the board is good or bad?

The fan doesn't start either.
No noise from the furnace

do you have a voltmeter to test a couple spots for power on the board to see if the board is good or bad?

i do not
i believe the board is good...The light is off not flashing like it should is there any in line fuses I should be looking at?

we have 3 options.....

No power to board ( bad door switch button)

No power from transformer (bad transformer)

There is power to board but board is bad.

This will will require a meter to decide which is the culprit.

Billy

ok i will go get a meter what am i testing and what should it read?

there is not another fuse for the board besides the inline.

take a pic of the board and post here and I will draw test points for you

Ok I used a different pic.....to do this test you must have that switch taped down secure and power on.

See HERE

ok if those read good then where to?

120v present butg not 24v = bad transformer

120v and 24v present = bad board

NO 120v to line black and line white = bad door switch or loss of 120v to board