HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heat pump quit working and I cannot contact the

Customer Question
My heat pump quit...

My heat pump quit working and I cannot contact the installer. I have worked on it before. now there is a green lite blinking in the control part of the condenser. what does it mean

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes thermostat is set at 72 temp is 63 set on heat and then on emergency heat. filters ok. still does not work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I have had to do it before when the tech. could not come out, he told me what to do and check and I did it and fixed it both times. I am able to do the work if I know what to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sorry I type slow

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Always provide exact make and model

It is a Trane heat pump. Model 2TWX4048B1000AA Seral 54925K91F
I do not wnat you to call just tell me why the green lite is blinking and what to do about it.

how many flashes between pause if any?

None just a steady pulse
No
no. there is no set amount of blinks. It is a steady blinking green lite.

Did installer leave the manual with you.?

no

I having trouble to located a manual for that model...

Usually we leave manual beside furnace.

I checked the model # and Serial # before I sent it to you and it is correct. the condenser is outside and the air handler is in the attic. there is no manual in either place. I know the installer, he is the owner of the company and he did not leave me a manual.
Gaztech, can you tell me what problems would cause the green lite to blink?

Manuals have to be left with owner by law.

Still thying to lacate a manual.

is it a rapid flash more than ones per second

That may be the law but I still did not get one, and it is not with the unit.
No it is just blink, blink, blink, blink. Slow and steady.

1 blink/sec. means normal opperation it is not a error code.

Gaztech, it doesn't sound like you are going to be able to help me. I doesn't seem to me that you have any answers for my problem. I'm thinking I am just going to have to wait and contact the owner in the morning.

Wish I could get a manual, ???? sorry

Well you tried your best. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. but thanks for trying. bye now