HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a baxi comfort for heat and hot water. The heat won't…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a baxi comfort for heat and hot water. The heat won't go above ~60 however the baseboards are warm

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat was recently dead but new batteries are in and it's been reprogrammed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I try to do most things myself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the baxi system might be undersized for the house, tell me how well the system worked last winter. If it worked well in the past but not now, about the only thing a home owner can do as a rule is bleed any air from the baseboards that might be blocking water flow.

.

The baxi water heater itself is complex electronically. Tell me about your electronics skills, we can go from there.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the boiler front cover, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.