HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I cannot get my thermostat to generate any heat. That is not…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my thermostat to generate any heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes. that is not the problem. I replaced the batteries. still no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have followed the directions in the manual CT3355 A 1003 or 97 32 PFIB Still no heat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it is always possible that the thermostat is the problem, however about 95% of the time the thermostat is not the problem, but the furnace or heater that it controls IS the problem.

.

Trouble shooting requires you to have a multi meter and some skill with it.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.