HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What causes a Rheem GRA- GRJ furnace exhaust to frost up? We…

Customer Question
What causes a Rheem...

What causes a Rheem GRA- GRJ furnace exhaust to frost up?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, we just put in new ones.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just need to know why it frosts up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The exhaust has a lot of water in it so it turns to frost when it hits the cold.