HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Both of my TH8321WF1001 Honeywell thermostats have gone

Customer Question
dark? Seems like no power...
Both of my TH8321WF1001 Honeywell thermostats have gone dark? Seems like no power is going to it but I checked circuits and none are tripped.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Also my thermostat does not have batteries. It is hard wired.
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

You need to take t-stat cover off and measure voltage ( 24vac ) between terminal R and C

If you dont have power, check small 3 or 5 amp fuse on furnace control board.

Do you have a volt meter or can get someone who has one and knows how to use one?

I cant put it simpler than that |(You need to take t-stat cover off and measure voltage ( 24vac ) between terminal R and C)

No, I don’t have a meter. I guess I’ll have to call a repairman

Did you check for fuse in furnace?

No thank you

Best wishes