HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I tried to change the temp, a static charge jumped the the…

Customer Question
I tried to change...

I tried to change the temp, a static charge jumped the the thermostat and the display is now blank.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Just the thermostat, everything was working prior to the static charge

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, it's new years day, who wants to come out

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a way to get the display working?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What's the brand and model of your thermostat?

Carrier Infinity

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Its not the first time I have come accross your situation and Never got unit to work again, internal electonic CHIP is fryed, its very sensitive to static charge

If you need to heat your house temporalry I can guide you to do that

Will the heater system continue to run on the pre-set settings? The heater is still working. The thermostat is blank.

There is a chance it will keep working on schedual, but cant say for shure. you soon find out if it cycles normally.

I noticed question is still opened and unrated please dont forget the 5 star rating if we are done

Sincerely

Customer/p>