HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have trane xr90 and heating is not coming up, it is trying…

Customer Question
I have trane xr90...

I have trane xr90 and heating is not coming up, it is trying to start and resrarting itself

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is fine, it was working till morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Didnt get any emer service today as new year

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Blower is trying to start and immediately getting restarted continuously, I see red light blinking continuously

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like a bad ignition module, locate that on the wiring diagram then check for 120vac across its two terminals in a window of 30 to 60 seconds after the inducer fan comes on.

.

If you have 120v there and the igniter is not glowing, then replace the igniter.

.

If you do not have 120vac there and the inducer fan was running when you checked that voltage, the printed circuit board is bad.

.

If you need more specific instructions

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer