HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My daughter's Evcon furnace is showing a #4 flash code Limit…

Customer Question
My daughter's Coleman Evcon...

My daughter's Coleman Evcon furnace is showing a #4 flash code Limit sswitch open. What does this mean and how can I help her fix this? It's the middle of winter and she has 4 small kids. Can you help us?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, the filters were just changed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model # is DGAA077BDTA SN -###-##-####

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

There is a high temperature limit opening.To troubleshoot, we need a volt meter to determine which limit is opening.

Turn power off to furnace and back on to reset board.Then call for heat and tell me if furnace attempts to come on or we immediately get the error code.