HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

House is 7 years old, 1900 sq ft.. Furnace is model

Customer Question
House is 7 years...

House is 7 years old, 1900 sq ft.. Furnace is model ARUF364216AA. Outside temp is 6 degrees. Filter is clean blower is running, heat is coming from vents.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is set at 76. Filter is new. Is there more than one heating element, and could one be bad?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have the ability.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The furnace will cycle off for approx 5 minutes and then will cycle on for 35 minutes.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me get a bit more info.

Is furnace operating along with a heat pump outdoor unit or stand alone heat?

2.Look on air handler and see if installer listed what heat kit is installed (5.8,10,15 or 20kw)