HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Where is my pilot light. The motor runs but no warm air

Customer Question
Where is my pilot...

Where is my pilot light. The motor runs but no warm air coming out the vents

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Just changed the filter and changed the batteries in the thermostat. Temperature set at 74. reading is 71

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your unit?

Luxaire PBKM

What is the LED flash sequence on the control board in the blower compartment?

OK what do I do

Answer my last question

4 red blinks

This is an open limit circuit error. The easiest thing is to try resetting the roll out switch(es) (see attached pic for typical). They are located just outside the burner chamber. Turn the power off to the unit then try pushing the small button between the 2 leads on the switch. If it clicks you have reset it and the unit will fire up when you turn the power back on with any luck. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped. There may be more than 1 so once you find the first one follow the wire to check for others in that circuit.

Pic did not come through Cannot find the switch. Funny thing. It started on its for a minute or two, then quit again

Then it's not the rollouts. Probably a faulty limit switch

now what?

Time to call a pro.

Thanks, ***** ***** Just when I thought I had it going. Should I let the unit run or shut it don?

If it's blowing cold air shut it down.

OK, Please resend the picture