HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My 1yr old furnace HEIL High Efficiency Condensing Gas

Customer Question
My 1yr old furnace...

My 1yr old furnace HEIL High Efficiency Condensing Gas Furnace started giving us problems Sunday Morning. We woke up to a cold house. The furnace wouldn't turn on. I changed the dirty clogged air filter and it briefly started working, then stopped. I looked in the installation manual and did the reset by turning it off for 5 mins and turning it back on. It worked for several hours, then stopped again. I once again had to reset it and it started working. Several hours again, it did it again. I reset it again for the 3rd time. So far, it is still going. What could be the cause of this?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, the thermostat is working. I changed the clogged filter 1st, like I said earlier. Is there another filter somewhere?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to know the cause. If its a simple fix, then yes I will do it myself. If its more complex requiring calibrations, then no.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

First of all since furnace is new, I suggest calling the installer if you can wait until he arrives before we start doing any major work as the unit is still under warranty.

Now with this said lets take a look at a couple of things and see if it is a simple fix.

When it fails we should get an error code on control board.Look on board and see if we have an error code.

The most common on these furnaces is an open pressure switch.

We will go from here. Also give me model from label in burner section.

Absolutely.But if you want to check a couple of things let me know.When it fails we should get an error code on control board.Look on board and see if we have an error code.

I don't see a control board