HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a train heat pump. I live in Kentucky, today the

Customer Question
I have a train...

I have a train heat pump. I live in Kentucky , today the tempture is 4. should switch the thermostat to emergy heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filters get changed once a month. the thermostat setting is at 68.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What are you talking about

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The main question is at what tempture should switch from heat to emr. heat

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have it set to Emergency heat normally you have to put it into emergency heat on most thermostats...this is typically not automatically done. Note if the heat pump is keeping up with temps there is no need to switch anything. As the name implies, it is only used in emergency situations. It is used when there is something wrong with first-stage heating (the Heat Pump itself). If that is fine I would not switch it.

All I ask is please rate my service if you need more help let me know.