HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Nest thermostat says no power and no HVAC connected. But…

Customer Question
My Nest thermostat says...

My Nest thermostat says no power and no HVAC connected. But it was all working yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Not a thermostat problem except it is not getting power. It is running on backup battery.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can figure out if there is a breaker to the HVAC that is the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is an all electric system - no gas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. THERE SHOULD BE A CIRCUIT BREAKER IN YOUR MAIN PANEL FOR THE HOUSE AND IT SHOULD BE LABELED FOR THE HEAT OR A/C, TRY RESETTING THAT AND THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER BREAKER OR DISCONNECT ON THE AIR HANDLER OR NEAR IT. TRY RESETTING THAT TOO.