HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have carrier electric furnace and heat pump thermostate…

Customer Question
I have carrier electric...

I have carrier electric furnace and heat pump thermostate reads "system fault" heat pump is not running. Help?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters have been changed. What do you mean by double checking thermostate settings? Settings have been set on 70 and so far house temp is remaining on 70 but heat pump is not running and thermostate reads "system fault"

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, but I son't understand what the problem is with the thermostate readings

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you get a fault number ?

83low pressure lockout4

OK the heat pump is locked out due to low pressure switch. This can be caused by a number of things such as low charge, low air flow across outdoor coil(heat mode) or a restricted metering device.

Do you have gauges to check refrigerant and pressures?