HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have luxaire furnace - every so often I find that fan is…

Customer Question
Have luxaire furnace -...

Have luxaire furnace - every so often I find that fan is running continuously even after meeting temperature. Gas goes off but can keeps on running.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Changed fan limit switch problem still happens occasionally

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Most likely the relay on board is sticking and ultimately will have to replace board.Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace?

Is there a possibility that it is the thermostat

Very unlikely but to determine if thermostat has anything to do with it, when fan is still on and should be off, remove the R wire at the thermostat.If fan stops thermostat can be the cause but if fan keeps running (which I suspect it will) the issue is with furnace

Can I do this step even while unit is running properly because it doesn’t happen all the time
Just to check if therm is doing what it is suppose to?

Unfortunately you will not be able to troubleshoot when it is acting normal. Disconnecting the R wire now will simply cause everything to cycle off as it should.

If you would like to keep the thread open until it fails again and we can troubleshoot, you can rate my answer and that will keep the question from timing out.From time of rating, you have 30 days to follow up at no additional fee.I am here everyday except on weekends and am happy to guide you step by step as needed.

I guess I have to wait till problem occurs again then I’ll get back to u guys

Look forward to helping you.

Can I use a generic control board for my luxaire furnace

You can use an aftermarket like the ICM brand as they are less expensive, but there is not really a "generic" universal board

how do I know which one to get if I can’t get the exact one I have

Look in burner compartment and give me full model off of label and I will help determine correct replacement

Presently have a ‘source’ hvac svc. Parts 1162-200 control board. My luxaire unit is model # TG8S100C16MP11A / serial # W1C0666074
Hello
No one got back to me about control board type. Gave all info already

The OEM Part #S1-33103010000

BUt the ICM2808 is a much cheaper replacement.

See below

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/S133103010000/2997735?modelNumber=TG8S100C16MP11