HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We just replaced the batteries in our thermostat and the low…

Customer Question
We just replaced the...

We just replaced the batteries in our thermostat and the low battery icon still flashes. What can we do about that?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A couple of months. This morning the furnace did not start and we thought it was caused by the low batteries but we got it to start.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

We have just replaced them

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily. Just want to know how we can address the low battery icon

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Make sure the batteries are new, alkalines and inserted proper as far as the +/_ goes.

Then give me model from inside thermostat if so

the batteries are installed properly. The model number is ***** 511

Have you tried doing a hardware reset? If not lets try this.The reset button is located inside on the rear of the unit’s circuit board. It is a small square component with a white button at it’s center

We have the batteries properly installed. The low battery icon is still flashing

Ok the reset button corrected the low battery icon issue.
Next question; why does the thermostat occassionally not trigger the furnace to start after the temperature has dropped?
Next question, why does the thermostat occasionally not trigger the furnace to start after the temperature has dropped?
Can you please cancel our request for a live phone call and not charge us for this?
Thank you very much for your on line assistance.

Just ignore the phone call offer.I will let admins know.

AS for the furnace not coming on when it should, these LUX thermostats are the cheapest on market and not very accurate or dependable. I recommend when you can, get rid of it and replace with a Honeywell. You can get a reliable Honeywell for about 40 bucks at Lowes or Home Depot.

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.