HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a nit 200 boiler which was installed in spring 2010.

Customer Question
I have a nit...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Sorry - didn't t finish message. I am writing from Collins wood Ontario wg here it has been very cold for the last ten days.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

For the last three weeks we have had constant problems with the boiler shutting down and showing err 04 message. Initially the shut downs occurred periodically - but over the last 2 weeks it has become more frequent . Every 24 to 48 hours. Yesterday the boiler shut down early morning - we turned off power and then restarted about one and a half hours later and it ran till about one hour ago. Our heating service company Campbell mechanical of singhampton ,Ontario has been about seven times in last few weeks and replaced various sensors and checked all wiring - but they do not seem to be able to diagnose and solve the problem - do you have any suggestions ? Could it be faulty thermostat ? Or, since the shut downs have become more frequent more recently and the weather has become extremely cold recently , could the problem be frozen condensation pipes ;?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Don t understand - what do you mean to " check thermostats settings " ? And what filters are you referring to ? Thx.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Please see my reply to your previous message.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, you were talking to our an automated that asks a few basic questions to make things go faster.

I am a live person, age 77 with 58 years in the boiler business.

If this well qualified company has been out 7 times they are obviously conscientious hard working people.. and they changed all the suspect parts. We will be looking for something unusual that they might have missed,

.

Click here please, tell me if this manual looks like its for your boiler or not

We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I do not wish to continue .

Tell me the temperature of the room that the boiler is located in... if the room is very cold, then moisture could be forming inside the units pressure switch sensing tubes, causing this problem.

.

OK if you do not with to continue, just do not answer my question here and ignore future notices. Good luck with it!