HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a very simple Honeywell RTH1100DV1000 thermostat. It…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a very simple Honeywell RTH1100DV1000 thermostat. It only has a Heat/Off switch on the side, and temperature up and down buttons on the front. It is set at 62F. If I move the desited temp up to 68F, the word "set" becomes visible on the display. HOW do I set this for a higher temp than the chilly 62 I have now? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I checked the setting as I just wrote

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes- I just need to set temp to a higher value

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of- are you a robot?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Please ignore the intake bot's questions.
Press the UP or DOWN button to adjust the temperature. The setpoint temperature is displayed while you are setting the temperature and for the next 5 seconds. The display will then return to the room temperature

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried that and the thermostat is not causing my home temperature to increase to the set value

Then you likely have a furnace not a thermostat problem. Is the furnace running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
furnace is running yes. since it is very cold outside, it may be taking a long while for my house to heat up using water-baseboard heat

Yes, it can take a long time for a system to recover 6 degrees when it's extremely cold out. Systems are designed to maintain 70 degrees in the coldest weather not recover from a lower temp quickly

We advise leaving the temp set at the higher temp setting all the time when it's extremely cold out

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor