HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The boiler is flashing E 12. Just this morning. Depends on…

Customer Question
The boiler is flashing...

The boiler is flashing E 12

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Do you have the make and model?
Weil McLain
E12 is thr fault code for the external limit open.
You will need to check the externsl controls have not shut the system down, check tbe system is full of water as am external water pressure switch could do this.
Check the wiring between Terminals 6 and 8 as the problem will be attached to that circuit.
Spellcheck...
E12 is the fault code for the external limit open.
You will need to check the external controls have not shut the system down, check the system is full of water as an external water pressure switch could do this.