HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Hot air oil fired furnace runs for about 30 seconds and

Customer Question
Hello.....hot air oil fired...

Hello.....hot air oil fired furnace runs for about 30 seconds and shuts down

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is fine and just changed fiter at tank

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes....I do have some knowledge.....and it is 1:40 in the morning here

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that it is a oil fired hot air unit. It might also have a bit of a delayed ignition it seems

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. have you tried bleeding air out of the oil pump?

it is getting fuel to nozzle
ok....well I guess we have to do it this way..
Are you here Dan?
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help? if so what's the brand of your burner?