HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Pilot light out...I turned the knob to Pilot and push in the…

Customer Question
Pilot light out...I turned...

Pilot light out...I turned the knob to Pilot and push in the red button...found the tube and lit the pilot light and held the red button for 8 or so seconds, but when I release the red button the pilot light goes out...I have tried four times...not sure what to do?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

20 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You have to hold the button in for up to 60 seconds after the pilot is lit then release it. If it still does not hold the thermocouple or gas valve is bad on the unit.

Happy New Year!.....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!