HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My digital thermostat went out, cannot set or see what temp…

Customer Question
My bryant digital thermostat...

My bryant digital thermostat went out, cannot set or see what temp it is

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Power went off in whole house briefly but everything is back on except thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there anyway to get the thermostat on?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, pry the thermostat gently from its wall mounted sub base, put new batteries in it if you have them, if not remove the batteries and put them in *backwards, wait 30 seconds, then replace the batteries properly and see how that works.

.

If that fails remove the thermostat from the wall again and use a multi meter to measure voltage between R and C terminals, if there is a C terminal... tell me what read you get. We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks, ***** ***** beter call a hvac tech to fix problem