HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell non programmable thermostat is showing that…

My Honeywell non programmable...

My Honeywell non programmable thermostat is showing that it’s showing that it is running auxiliary heat I got on 70 but it won’t go over 65 I try to set back to just heat but it goes back to auxiliary heat help it is really cold in Mason Oh

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I just changed the filter could be I put the wrong way i’ Go & double check & i’l Be right back

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes right now if that’s all but if I will most likely need a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’ go & check the filter if that does not fix it i’l Get back

1/1/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is the outdoor unit running when you select heat and if so is the sir coming out top of outdoor unit extremely cold?

I did not get outside yet I’ll go to check that out yet but I did change the direction of the filter but I don’t think that’s it cause it is still showing auxiliary heat & it’s not moving above 65 so I’M going to check the outside unit & i’l Get back

Filter is going to have nothing to do with your issue.That question is a site generated question asked to all customers to break the ice.

Let me know about outdoor unit

Only very cold air is coming out from the outside unit

OK that is a good thing.

Now the problem is that it is too cold outside for the heea pump to keep up as it loses capacity as it gets colder outside.

The aux heat is supposed to come on to assist and work alongside the heat pump.

So your problem is either the aux heat is not connected, you have a bad sequencer not bringing on the aux heat although thermostat is calling for it or you do not have enough backup heat installed

Thank You very much have been very helpful I think i’ Have to call the co. That installed it 4 yrs ago

I would as this will very possible ne covered under warranty.Most units built in las 15 years have a 10 year parts warranty.If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician